How can we help?Let's talk
National Leadership Institute on Developmental Disabilities - Winter 2018
Applications for the University of Delaware's National Leadership Institute on Developmental Disabilities to be held January 21-26 will be accepted through November 30.
This week-long, intensive leadership development program is designed for current executive-level leaders and emerging leaders. Participants may work in areas of management or program leadership in organizations that provide, advocate for, or fund supports for people with intellectual/developmental disabilities and their families.
The focus of the Leadership Institute is on assessing and strengthening leadership skills, setting organizational direction, and understanding the future of the intellectual/developmental disabilities field. Institute participants come away with demonstrated leadership ability and a firm grasp of the skills and values critical for quality, individualized supports.
Participants will learn the skills needed to:
- Succeed in leadership challenges unique to the developmental disabilities field today;
- Manage and sustain person-centered, values-based transformational change;
- Build and sustain positive organizational culture at all levels.
- Challenge the status quo through risk-taking; and,
- Set and achieve ambitious goals for yourself and your organization.
A highlight of the course for past participants has been the relationships that are built over the week-long experience. Participants will leave with a network of colleagues and enduring relationships with some of the most influential leaders in the field.
Applications are due by November 30, 2017.
For questions, e-mail Kristen Loomis at email@example.com