How can we help?Let's talk
Job Opening: Developmental Disabilities Policy Associate
The Human Services Research Institute (HSRI) seeks a full-time Policy Associate to work within our intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) studies team in our Tualatin, Oregon office. HSRI is an equal opportunity non-profit organization that conducts research and evaluation and provides training and technical assistance in the fields of child welfare, developmental disabilities, and behavioral health.
This position offers an exciting opportunity to participate in projects to advise policy makers regarding the means for managing service systems for people with I/DD of varying backgrounds. These efforts primarily involve quantitative or qualitative data analysis, policy analysis, and partnerships with state human services agencies, local organizations, and others.
Qualifications: We are especially interested in retaining an individual with:
- Extensive knowledge and experience centered on intellectual and developmental disabilities, including culturally-appropriate practices meant to promote community integration and self-direction; and
- Knowledge and experience particular to the structure, operations and requirements of Medicaid waiver Home and Community Based Services.
In addition, this individual also must have the following qualifications:
- Masters degree or equivalent experience, with a strong background in culturally competent social services research, evaluation or policy analysis;
- Capability for compiling and writing project reports and other related products (e.g., PowerPoint presentations);
- Capability to work well within a team of diverse backgrounds and experience to complete multiple projects simultaneously and contribute to overall management of projects;
- Experience presenting project findings and other related topics, building partnerships, and disseminating work to diverse body of stakeholders at local, state and national levels;
- Experience with responding successfully to Requests for Proposals;
- Ability to work collaboratively with other organizations and funders; and
- Willingness to travel.
- This is a full-time salaried contractual position including benefits. Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
- The position is located in Tualatin, Oregon (near Portland) and requires that the individual reside in the local area. Responsibilities cannot be fulfilled on a virtual or off-site basis.
- Travel to various jurisdictions to fulfill project responsibilities is required.
Position is available starting in January 2015. Applications are being accepted now. Individuals from historically underrepresented communities are encouraged to apply. Send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: DD Policy Position, HSRI, 7420 SW Mohawk, Building K, Tualatin, OR 97062, or email to Pat Shelton at: firstname.lastname@example.org.< Back