How can we help?Let's talk
Research Assistant Opening
Do you want to help promote transparency and clearer choices in health care? Come work on a research and consulting team that is making it happen. HSRI is a nonprofit that has been researching, evaluating, and improving the quality and capacity of public health and social services for nearly 40 years, and we’re looking for someone with a passion for data who wants to be part of an innovative, expanding team within our organization.
We’re seeking a full-time Research Assistant to support a team of researchers working on public health-related research and program evaluation projects. Gain experience using big data to identify trends and costs in the health care field by reviewing data for outliers and inconsistencies, contextualizing information through literature searches and popular press reviews, and helping to create dynamic data visualizations and reports. Interest in the field of health and insurance data as well as public health and health care policy is vital.
We’re looking for someone who enjoys working as part of a team. We want someone who communicates well both in person and in writing; develops and maintains positive relationships with clients, consultants, collaborators, co-workers, and funders; and listens and contributes to a sharing of diverse perspectives.
· Assist with health data reporting
· Examine data for outliers
· Conduct literature searches and reviews current events in the health field
· Perform proofreading and fact checking
· Assist with editing and formatting of data visualizations and supporting documents
· BA/BS in a business, public health, economics, or social science discipline
· One undergrad course in statistics or one year of professional experience with statistics
· Familiarity with creating formulas in Excel or Access
· Excellent writing skills
· Strong organizational skills
· Great communication skills
· Experience conducting literature searches
· Attention to detail and strong commitment to high-quality work
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Familiarity with data visualization software such as Tableau, ArcGIS, Microsoft BI or another similar program
· Knowledge of syntax used in R, Stata, SPSS or SAS
· At least one year of experience working in a research or office environment, either full or part time.
Please email your cover letter and resume/CV to email@example.com, with Research Assistant in the subject line. Or send your materials to:
Human Services Research Institute
2336 Massachusetts Ave.
Cambridge, MA 02140
No phone calls please; email contact only.< Back