How can we help?Let's talk
Job Opening: Data Management Specialist
Are you a skilled data manager with a passion for social justice? Do you want to make sure that federal and state policymakers, agency directors, and other human services professionals have the high-quality information they need to make data-based policy decisions?
We’re seeking a full-time Data Management Specialist to work with our Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (I/DD) and Child and Family Services research teams in our Tualatin, Oregon office. The Human Services Research Institute (HSRI) is a nonprofit organization with a nearly 40-year track record of measuring the quality of services to individuals in need of supports. We conduct research and evaluation and provide training and technical assistance in the fields of child welfare, intellectual and developmental disabilities, and behavioral health. Our intent is to help shape policy and practice to promote inclusive communities for people with disabilities and other vulnerable populations.
In the role of Data Management Specialist, you’ll work with an energetic team to create innovative solutions for an extensive range of human services data analysis requests while ensuring data quality and security. You’ll need experience managing both small and large datasets, programming for data management, manipulating data across formats, and constructing variables. You should also have experience communicating findings to a diverse body of stakeholders and policy makers.
The Data Management Specialist will have experiences and skills related to:
- Working with relational database systems such as MySQL, MSSQL, or Oracle and a good working knowledge of SQL and at least one other scripting language (e.g., Python. R);
- Integrating data from multiple data sets to assist with interpretation and application of analysis findings;
- Automating analytics in report delivery cycles from multiple data sources;
- Maintaining databases with appropriate security and adherence to privacy rules, including exchanging data securely with state or federal agencies, or other partnering organizations;
- Managing multiple concurrent priorities and meeting deadlines within a dynamic, fast-paced, and challenging environment;
- Producing data visualizations through software such as Tableau; and
- Working directly or indirectly in human services.
This is a full-time salaried contractual position that includes benefits. Salary commensurate with skills and experience. The position is located in Tualatin, Oregon (outside Portland) and requires that the individual reside in the local area. Responsibilities cannot be fulfilled on a virtual or off-site basis.
Position is available starting in January 2016. Applications are being accepted now. Individuals from historically underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply. Email your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Pat Shelton at firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail them to: Data Management Specialist, HSRI, 7690 SW Mohawk Street, Building K, Tualatin, OR 97062. For more information on HSRI, go to www.hsri.org.< Back