How can we help?Let's talk
HSRI is Hiring: Developmental Disabilities Policy Associate
The Human Services Research Institute (HSRI) seeks a full-time Policy Associate to work within our developmental disabilities studies team in our Tualatin, Oregon office. We are a non-profit organization that conducts research and evaluation and provides training and technical assistance in the fields of child welfare, developmental disabilities and behavioral health.
This position offers an exciting opportunity to participate in a variety of projects to advise policy makers regarding the means for managing service systems for people with developmental disabilities. These efforts primarily involve quantitative or qualitative data analysis, policy analysis, and partnerships with state human services agencies, local organizations and others.
Qualifications: The individual we seek must have the following qualifications:
- Masters degree or equivalent experience, with a strong background in social services research, evaluation or policy analysis;
- Extensive knowledge and experience centered on developmental disabilities, including practices meant to promote community integration and self-direction;
- Knowledge and experience particular to the structure, operations and requirements of Medicaid waiver Home and Community Based Services;
- Capability for compiling and writing project reports and other related products (e.g., PowerPoint presentations);
- Experience presenting project findings and other related topics, building partnerships, and disseminating work to stakeholders at local, state and national levels;
- Capability to work well within a team to complete multiple projects simultaneously and contribute to overall management of projects;
- Experience with responding successfully to Requests for Proposals;
- Ability to work collaboratively with other organizations and funders; and
- Willingness to travel.
- This is a full-time salaried contractual position including benefits. Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
- The position is located in Tualatin, Oregon (near Portland) and requires that the individual reside in the local area. Responsibilities cannot be fulfilled on a virtual or off-site basis.
- Occasional travel to various jurisdictions to fulfill project responsibilities is required.
Position is available starting in Summer 2013. Applications are being accepted now. Send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: DD Policy Position, HSRI, 7690 SW Mohawk, Building K, Tualatin, OR 97062, or email to Pat Shelton at: email@example.com. For more information on HSRI, go to www.hsri.org.< Back