How can we help?Let's talk
Research Assistant II
Are you interested in conducting research and evaluation on public health and human services systems? Would you like to get more experience with program and policy research and evaluation? Come join our team! You’ll work on projects that address needs related to physical and intellectual/developmental disabilities, aging, social and emotional wellness, mental health, substance use treatment, homelessness, and other factors that impact people’s quality of life.
Who We Are
The Human Services Research Institute is a nonprofit, mission-driven organization that provides high-quality research, evaluation, program implementation, and data and statistical services primarily to government agencies to improve public health services and systems. We work at the local, state, and federal level to help develop measures and data collection instruments and protocols, to conduct analysis, and to develop implementation strategies. Our goal is to help public agencies understand and demonstrate the real-world impact of the services they provide, helping them transform their policies and practices to produce meaningful outcomes. We believe in the value of community-based, person-centered services.
HSRI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Our offices are accessible by public transportation.
What We’re Looking For
We’re seeking a full-time (40 hours/week) Research Assistant to support a team of researchers working on policy, research and program evaluation projects. Primary responsibilities include project management and coordination, literature searches and summaries, note-taking and transcription of qualitative interview data, scheduling and taking notes at meetings, preparing presentations and reports, and assisting with other activities as needed.
We’re looking for someone who is deeply interested in public health and human service systems, who enjoys working as part of a team, who communicates clearly, and who enjoys developing and maintaining positive relationships with clients, consultants, collaborators, and co-workers.
- Track and maintain project timelines and deliverables
- Schedule meetings and take notes
- Prepare meeting agendas
- Maintain project records and files
- Assist in preparing presentation materials, reports and briefs
- Review and categorize data (both qualitative and quantitative) and documents
- Create interview transcripts and summaries
- Gather information through literature reviews and searches
- Proofread, fact check, and perform other editorial tasks
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in team development activities and proposal writing
- Possibly present at conferences and meetings
- Possibly provide technical assistance and training related to policy and/or research and evaluation activities
- Strong organizational skills
- BA/BS in a business, public health, or a social science discipline and 2 years or more of experience working in a research or office environment
- Intermediate skills in Excel (i.e., creating and editing graphs and formulas, creating pivot tables)
- Intermediate skills in Word and PowerPoint, such as formatting and graphics
- Great communication skills, both verbal and in writing
- Experience conducting literature searches
- Excellent attention to detail and strong commitment to high-quality work
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a Cover Letter and Resume/CV through HSRI’s Career Center.
You can also cut/paste the URL into your browser: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=hsri&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US
Materials can also be sent to:
Attention: Human Resources
Human Services Research Institute
2336 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02140
No phone calls please
This is a full-time (40 hours/week) position. Pay is commensurate with skills and experience.< Back