How can we help?Let's talk
Research Analyst (Part-Time)
We’re seeking a part-time (approximately 20 hours a week) research analyst. In this position, you’ll work with a team that’s focused on issues that affect people with disabilities and impact communities around the nation.
Who We Are
The Human Services Research Institute is a nonprofit, mission-driven organization that provides high-quality research, evaluation, program implementation, and data and statistical services primarily to government agencies to improve public health services and systems. We work at the local, state, and federal level to help develop measures and data collection instruments and protocols, to conduct analysis, and to develop implementation strategies. Our goal is to help public agencies understand and demonstrate the real-world impact of the services they provide, helping them transform their policies and practice to produce meaningful outcomes.
HSRI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Our offices are accessible by public transportation.
What We’re Looking For
We’re seeking a part-time research analyst to contribute to multiple research projects in our Tualatin, Oregon office. The work will primarily entail data preparation and analysis, including data coding, cleaning, and entry tasks, dataset restructuring, and analyses, both quantitative and qualitative. In addition, the work also involves literature searches and contributing to the end products that convey our findings—creating tables, graphs, or other data visualizations; proofreading and conducting other editorial tasks; and assisting with the preparation of presentation materials, reports, and briefs. We’re looking for someone who communicates well and who works well both independently and as part of a team.
The demands of this job change rapidly; we need someone who can move from one project and type of work to another. This means that in a given day, you may work on a research report for one project, data cleaning for another, and final data visualizations for another.
- Data manipulation and cleaning and preparation of files for analysis
- Basic data analysis
- More complex data analysis with close supervision
- Assist with the preparation of reports, briefs and presentations
- Manage and create data, analysis, and other project documentation
- Assist with data collection activities (qualitative and quantitative)
- Education or experience commensurate with a bachelor’s degree in a social science (master’s preferred)
- Experience with data management and statistical software (SPSS syntax preferred)
- Good communication, organizational, and writing skills
- Experience conducting literature searches and reviews
- Experience with productivity software such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of data analysis and research methods
- Experience creating data visualizations (Microsoft Power BI preferred)
- Ability to learn additional software and applications such as those used for web conferencing, online meetings, and for managing and storing project schedules, information, and materials
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Education or experience commensurate with a master’s degree in a social science
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a Cover Letter and Resume/CV through HSRI’s Career Center.
Materials can also be sent to:
Attention: Human Resources
Human Services Research Institute
7690 SW Mohawk Street
Tualatin, OR 97062
No phone calls please.
This is a part-time (20 hours per week) position. Pay is commensurate with skills and experience. We are open to filling this position with an internship for a graduate student if terms are discussed and agreed upon.